Hey there, just popping in for a quick update on some work I did today.
I translated the UI of the game (again). I’m a lot happier with this pass because I caught all the errors I hadn’t seen last time, Instead of awkwardly photoshopping everything I just reconstructed every image from the game’s files and made templates for a lot of the samey images. I also translated things that I hadn’t translated before, like some of the gallery stuff.
I’m not 100% done with the UI, technically. There are a few sound effect images that need to be translated, but those will require actual work and so I’m going to do them when I run across them in the game.
I also figured out how to get word wrapping to work. I only tested the first scene in the game, and nothing broke, so fingers crossed!
Finally, I’m a little proud of myself for learning a little command language today to automate a lot of the shit I was doing by hand before. Instead of editing a file, clicking a batch to encrypt that file, placing it in the scenario file, clicking another batch file to package that file, then overwriting the file in the directory, then clicking on the game to see what I’ve done…
Now I just execute a single batch file, and the game opens up with my changes in it! This will save me hours, I’m sure.
Anyway, if you wanted a sneak peek at the UI, I have one for you! Actually, screw sneak peeks, here’s the whole thing in an Imgur album. I worked pretty hard! LOVE ME